We recently created a new CRM 2016 environment in order to continue the build-out of our SalenticaCRM Advisor template. A colleague created a few new fields on an entity and when he edited the form and attempted to drag his new fields onto the form, he was unable to. Normally a thin red line (presumably the guys in Redmond are big Glass Tiger fans) appears when you are dragging fields into a section, but in this case the line did not appear.
The issue on presented itself in IE11, but Chrome was fine.
The resolution was to add the CRM’s URL to the Trusted Sites in IE. To do this:
- Open IE and browse to your CRM and log in if you are challenged for credentials.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of IE (looks like a cog) and select Internet Options.
- Select the Security Tab and then select the Trusted Sites zone.
- Click the Sites button, and add your CRM’s URL (or you can use a wildcard if you have more than one site) and then click Close and OK to save your changes. Note that if the sites button is disabled or you are unable to add a URL to this list, you may need to contact your IT department – these settings may be locked down.
- Close IE completely (all windows – even this one, so bookmark this page before you do!)
- Now log back into CRM and the issue should be resolved.